Sabyasachi Mukherjee for Olympus Fashion Week

Designs from Mukherjee's Fall 2006 collection at Lakme Fashion Week.
Designs from Mukherjee’s Fall 2006 collection at Lakme Fashion Week.

Love seeing Indian designers get buzz in the days leading up to the Olympus New York Fashion Week. One of these designers is Calcutta’s Sabyasachi Mukherjee who is showing in the tents for the first time this year. Known for his deconstructed style and habit of redefining traditional khadi, the designer has a fresh look on fashion. Love his uses of color and volume and enjoy that he has a great eye for proportion.

The Times article in today’s Thursday Styles introduces him with a short bio, also mentioning his recent win for costume design for the movie, Black. This year’s Fashion Week will also bring the likes of Ashish N Soni… watch for him as well.

September 7, 2006
  1. September 8, 2006, 1:12 pm betsy

I caught Sabyasachi’s Lakme Fashion Week show in Mumbai earlier this year and it was really fantastic. Can’t wait to see what he’s whipped up for his NY debut.

2. September 8, 2006, 2:00 pm Priya

OMG Betsy. I just blogged about your recent India Fashion Week coverage on Love Made Visible. 😀 Love it.

3. September 11, 2006, 6:14 pm Lina

Beautiful clothes. Anyone know where we can buy it in NYC or online?

4. September 22, 2006, 3:27 pm Nadia SK

Beautiful!! Also, another desi designer Naeem Khan had a show… check that out too on the Olympus site.

5. September 23, 2006, 6:54 am soujit bag

mind blioing clothes , I really like it .Where we can buy it?

6. November 29, 2006, 7:20 am Ptariun

If anyone can tell me who in Australia stocks Sabyasachi Mukherjee clothing I would be most grateful.

7. December 12, 2006, 4:33 am ISHA CHATTERJEE

I THINK OUR INDIA NEED SUCH A DESIGNER WHO CAN REINSTRUCT THE “KHADI”WEARS AND THE “SAREES” WITH GREAT ATTRACTING EMBROYDRIES ITS A CALL 4 REAL ARTISTISM

8. February 19, 2007, 10:37 pm Nirali Magazine: The Blog | Haute Couture Meets Hijab, East Meets West

[…] Khan and Yalcin join the growing cadre of eastern designers, showcasing their work in New York (remember Sabyasachi Mukherjee’s collection from Olympus Fashion Week earlier this year?). Comments 1 Comment. Post Yours Here. […]

9. May 26, 2008, 8:53 am kirti

ITs really FASCINATING to see SABYASACHI’s collection on the ramp.he is my inspiration.i love to design though ,right now its not my profession as i m just a student of class 8…still i take interest in the fashion world besides my studies….
    but DESIGNING is my PASSION and my future..
    n i’ll surely carry on my dreams….

10. October 26, 2008, 9:37 am sakina

may i know any official website of sabyasachi mukherjee?plzz