Sanjaya Also Makes Me Cry

24746.jpg

Words cannot describe. I … just don’t know what to say. Sanjaya performed No Doubt’s Bathwater last night on Idol while sporting a faux hawk. I didn’t know where to look. At him butchering (and forgetting the words to) one of my favorite songs? Or at the hawk? Must. Not. Stare. At. The. Hawk. It was so hard. It was like it was talking to me, having a side conversation with me. Like, “Hey, what’s up. Yeah. I’m a pony-hawk. What’s new with you?” Flop flop flopping in the breeze. Was the decision to rock the hawk basically a huge adorable middle finger to everyone who obsesses about his hair? You decide. Watch his performance plus an additional YouTube Sanjaya gem after the jump.

Sanjaya also made Dan Akroyd cry last weekend on Saturday Night Live:

March 28, 2007
  1. March 28, 2007, 3:10 pm surya

This is a bad (or good, depending on your perspective) hair year for Desi’s on TV!

2. March 28, 2007, 3:16 pm Priya

LOL. Surya, your hair was WAY better than Sanjaya’s! 🙂

3. March 28, 2007, 3:42 pm Hilal

my pregnant mind is fat full with envy again. and surya, i agree with priya. (sanjaya’s hair is angry)

4. March 28, 2007, 5:12 pm SuperJagjit

Wow. That video should be in Wikipedia under train wreck: You don’t want to watch, but you just can’t look away, even though you know you’re going to reach for the bottle of rat poison halfway through. And then you wonder why you have a bottle of rat poison handy, even though you don’t have a rat infestation. And then before you know it, the Sanjbutchering of music has ended, and you feel a little guilty for watching…naked.

But if he’s using these gimmicks now (Michael Jackson outfit, fauxhawk), imagine the crazy shit he’s going to pull as we get closer to the end! I couldn’t even come close to guessing what he’d do for the finale —

Corn rows? A cape? Robot suit with optional shark hands? All of the above?

God I hope he survives.

5. March 29, 2007, 9:10 am Priya

SuperJagjit: He’s through another week! Chris Sligh got voted off last night… bring on the robot suits!

6. March 29, 2007, 11:03 am Hilal